Florida Collection Agency Fingerprinting
The state of Florida now requires fingerprints as a condition of obtaining or renewing a state consumer collection agency registration. New applicants will be required to submit fingerprints of “control persons” on the registration application form. Existing licensees will need to submit fingerprints for “control persons” prior to having their next renewal approved.
In summary, Fla. Stat. Ann. Section 559.555 was amended to require the following of applicants:
- Submit fingerprints for each of the applicant’s control persons in accordance with rules adopted by the commission.
- The fingerprints may be submitted through a third-party vendor authorized by the Department of Law Enforcement to provide Live Scan fingerprinting such as IDENTICO LLC.
- A state criminal history background check must be conducted through the Department of Law Enforcement, and a national criminal history background check must be conducted through the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- All fingerprints submitted to the Department of Law Enforcement must be submitted electronically and entered into the statewide automated biometric identification.
- The Office of Financial Regulation shall pay an annual fee to the Department of Law Enforcement to participate in the system and inform the Department of Law Enforcement of any person whose fingerprints are no longer required to be retained.
- The costs of fingerprint processing, including the cost of retaining the fingerprints, shall be borne by the person subject to the background check.
According to information made available from the Florida Office of Financial Regulation, fingerprints must be submitted through a state-approved Live Scan service provider for a state and FBI criminal background check. Control persons will need to go to the Live Scan provider to have the fingerprints completed. Fingerprints are then sent electronically to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement for a state criminal background check and the Federal Bureau of Investigation for an FBI criminal background check. The Florida Office of Financial Regulation will keep the results on file with the licensee record.
ORI # for Livescan Submissions for Consumer Credit Agency (CCA) applicants is: FL924860Z, the cost of screening by IDENTICO is $54.25. Visit us at 3948 Pembroke Road, Suite E, Hollywood, FL 33021 or call for a mobile fingerprinting appointment quote and setup.